Femintimate Weighted Silicone Kegel Balls (Clearance)
Particularly recommended for postpartum uterine involution as a treatment to alleviate and prevent incontinence and strengthen the pelvic floor, thus helping to have more satisfying sex.
- Material: 100% soft silicone
- Phthalates free
- 3,5 cm – Total length: 19,9 cm (Finger loop included: 9,4 cm)
- Weight: 84 g
- The Kegel Balls are oval in shape for ease of insertion and removal.
Causes of Pelvic floor weakening
- The pelvic floor can deteriorate due to the following conditions:
Pregnancy, birth and post-partum
- These are the main risk factors that predispose a woman to suffer from pelvic floor dysfunction. During pregnancy it is caused by the weight of the uterus overloading the tissues.
- During birth it is caused by the baby passing through the vagina, which is aggravated if the baby is heavy or has a large head circumference and further aggravated if an episiotomy has to be carried out. Caesarean births may also weaken the pelvic floor.
- During the post-partum period, if the weakened muscles are not exercised properly, you do abdominal exercises too soon or you do gym exercises that are too aggressive, the weakening of the pelvic floor muscles may be accentuated.
- Over time, with the hormonal changes brought about by the menopause, the pelvic floor may become less flexible, causing the tissues to weaken.
- High-impact sport
- Sports such as spinning, aerobics and jogging, which increase intra-abdominal pressure, may cause loss of muscle tone in the pelvic floor even in very young women.
- Two out of ten women have an innate weakness in the pelvic floor muscles.
- Everyday habits
- Retaining urine for a long time, wearing very tight clothes.
- Obesity, constipation, chronic cough, stress.